What is our Neuro-Sight service?
Visibility Scotland’s Neuro-Sight is a unique service, supporting people who have sight loss as the result of damage to the visual pathway in the brain.
The visual pathway can be affected by many causes including Stroke, head injury, brain tumour or degenerative disease such as MS or Parkinson’s. This type of sight difficulty is known as neurological Sight Loss.
Our Visual Rehabilitation Specialists can help you, your family, friends and professionals to:
- Understand your vision and answer your questions
- Provide specialist visual strategies and techniques that demonstrate and encourage you to use your remaining vision to compensate for your sudden visual change
- Increase your confidence and independence with navigation and travel
- Support with reading skills and the use the of existing or new technology
- Advise on other services in your area
- Return to work
Where is our Neuro-Sight service?
We provide this service across Scotland in local hubs such as community centres, Libraries, Local Council facilities etc. and at our office locations.
How can I access Neuro-Sight?
By phoning Visibility Scotland on 0141 332 4632 and asking to speak to one of our Visual Rehabilitation Specialists – Laura Walker or David Logan, or email: