Visual impairment awareness training
Visibility Scotland offers visual impairment awareness training to any person or organisation interested in learning the impact of living with a visual impairment on a daily basis.
The three hour session covers:
- understanding the impact of different eye conditions
- the registration process and benefits of being registered
- opportunity to try on “simulation glasses”, showing the effects of different eye conditions
- the psychological and emotional impact of sight loss
- equipment that can help someone with a visual impairment
- how to communicate with a visually impaired person
- sighted guiding techniques.
The training can be tailored to suit the needs of the organisation booking the session and can be held at the Visibility Scotland office in Glasgow or another preferred venue. For further details and to discuss costs please call us on 0141 332 4632 or email Audrey.
Please note: any organisation booking the three-hour visual impairment awareness training can also access a follow-up session on making documents accessible for free (details below).
Creating accessible documents
As part of our Tech Works project we are offering free training to organisations on making documents accessible using Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
There are two options:
- a one-hour session for organisations whose staff already have an understanding and awareness of visual impairment which focuses solely on making documents accessible
- a two-hour session that includes an introduction to visual impairment for organisations whose staff may have limited experience around visual impairment.
Both sessions are delivered virtually via either MS Teams or Zoom. Sessions are open to organisations looking to train a group of staff.
For further information or to book a session please call us on 0141 332 4632 or email Natasha.