Awareness raising and training sessions
Awareness raising sessions and free training for professionals is also available.
Feedback from previous attendees includes the folliowing.
- “The information given was clear and easy to understand – jargon free!”
- “I think it was pitched at just the right level. Lots of detail but not too overwhelming.”
- “It gave a very good overview of not only the benefits being devolved to Scotland but also a flavour of how they are going to try and do things differently.”
Details on how to book places for either session are below.
Awareness raising sessions
If you would like to find out more about the benefits available from Social Security Scotland we are happy to arrange a speaker to attend any meetings or groups that you are part of.
These informal awareness raising sessions are aimed at people living with a sensory impairment and their families or carers.
To book a speaker please get in touch on 0141 332 4632 or contact us by email.
Free training for professionals
We have developed a free 90-minute interactive training session on Social Security Scotland benefits for professionals who support people living with a sensory impairment. The session can be delivered via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
This introductory session covers:
• The benefits currently available from Social Security Scotland
• Benefits that will be available in the future
• Planned changes to the application process for disability benefits
• Where to find further information and support available for people to apply
If you would like to book a session for a group of staff please get in touch on 0141 332 4632 or contact us by email.