Questions about sight loss? Call us on 0141 332 4632
Our Information Line is open 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday.
Contact our friendly team for information and advice on:
- Aids and equipment available to make day to day life easier, including equipment you can purchase directly from Visibility Scotland
- Assistive technology and options to try and buy equipment
- Making your device accessible; support with computers, smartphones and tablets
- The registration process and additional benefits and entitlements
- Tips and strategies to aid reading and navigation
- Visibility Scotland services and specialist support, including support for young people and support for people with neurological sight loss
- Signposting and referrals to other local agencies
You can also contact us for emotional support, so please get in touch if you would like someone to talk to about living with sight loss.
If you prefer, you can contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and a member of the team will get in touch.
Get in touch via Be My Eyes
Be My Eyes is a free app that connects people living with sight loss with sighted volunteers and specialised help organisations for assistance through a live video call.
You can contact Visibility Scotland for support on any of the areas listed above via the Be My Eyes app.
You’ll find us under “Specialised Help”. We’re available to answer calls from 10am-3pm, Monday to Friday.
If you haven’t used the app before, check out the following videos from Be My Eyes to help you get started (links go to YouTube):
Please note: We’re here to provide information and advice about living with sight loss via Be My Eyes. If you’re looking for help with reading expiry dates, matching colours, finding lost items etc. please contact one of the Be My Eyes volunteers using the “Call a volunteer” option. Be My Eyes volunteers are available to answer calls any time of the day or night. A number of other specialised help organisations can also be contacted via Be My Eyes including NHS Test and Trace, AbilityNet, Google and Microsoft.