This notice explains what happens to any information that we collect when you get in touch, receive a service, make a donation or visit our site. We do update the policy from time to time so please review it regularly.
- With your permission we record contact information, details of our interactions and how we will stay in touch.
- You can remove your details at any time by contacting Visibility by phone 0141 332 4632 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visibility complies with all legal requirements with regards to data retention.
- If you are under 16, we will ask for parent/guardian permission to keep your information.
Who is Visibility?
Visibility is a long established charity for people with sight loss and their families living in the west of Scotland and Dumfries & Galloway. We provide a range of services and opportunities for people to learn more about sight loss; meet others with similar experiences and develop new skills. We are registered and regulated by OSCR and some services by the Care Inspectorate.
How do we collect information about you?
Referrals into Visibility – when you are referred into the organisation by a third party, we only use your information to get in touch with you and discuss what Visibility can offer.
We will not keep your information without asking your permission first and you can decide whether you want us to keep in touch with you or not. Your information is stored on a secure database which is managed by our IT Consultants and only accessed by our staff.
What type of information do we collect and why?
When speaking to you, we will ask you for:
- Your contact details and your preferred format so we can keep in touch with you in an appropriate way
- Information about your eye condition or health conditions that may impact how we deliver a service to you and send information that you may be interested in
- Some statistical information e.g. gender, age which helps us analyse our services and report to funders
- Brief details of the conversation and service provided to you so we can remind you the next time we speak and we can ensure we are providing an excellent service.
If we do not have your permission to keep your personal information, we will remove all identifiable details but keep a summary of our interaction so that we can report statistical information to funders.
Visibility also regularly reviews our services and uses the information collated to shape and develop future services. If you feel any information we have is incorrect or changes, please let us know and we will amend as soon as possible.
Making a donation to Visibility
If you choose to make a donation to Visibility via our website, you have the option to give us permission to keep in touch with you. If you donate in person or by mail we will give you the option to stay in touch – named donations mean we need to retain some details for auditing purposes – but we will not contact you unless you have given us permission to do so.
Using Visibility’s website
Our website may include links to other websites which we do not control or manage. We do not accept any responsibility for how these websites use your information and you should check their privacy policies for more information. If you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of that site, so we recommend that you check their site for their policy or statement.
Who has access to your information?
You can access your information or remove your details by contacting us by telephone or email. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes but can pass it to other support organisations with your permission.
How long do we keep your information?
You can choose how long we keep your personal information. If you want us to keep in touch with you, we will keep it until you tell us this is no longer the case; if you want us to keep your record and only get in touch with you about events linked to your visual impairment, we will keep your record for 3 years and remove if you have not been in touch with us during this time; lastly you can choose for us to keep your information only for the length of time you are receiving a service from Visibility.
You can withdraw your consent at any time, and we will remove your details from our database on receipt of a phone call or email.
Reviewing our Privacy Notice
We review this notice on a regular basis. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us on email@example.com