Visibility Scotland is a leading national sight-loss charity. We work to empower and enable people with sight loss to live independent lives. In partnership with Glasgow City Council, we are looking for four Walk and Talk guides to provide sighted guiding to visually impaired people.
47% of people with sight loss feel isolated and cut off from the people and places around them. Sighted guiding enables people with low or no sight to travel safely, building confidence and connectivity with their local area.
This volunteer role will involve supporting a small group of visually impaired people to undertake a walking route around the west end of Glasgow.
- Providing sighted guiding to an individual visually impaired person as part of a group walk.
- Offering an opportunity for a friendly chat and discussion with a visually impaired person.
- Helping to empower the individual to get to know the city
Required skills, qualities and experience
This role is open to someone who has good vision and is physically active.
Other skills, qualities and experience that would be helpful include:
- A positive, friendly, ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to pitch in and be a team player
If you would like to apply to become a Walk and Talk Guide volunteer, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on the: August 15, 2023